COMO Parrot Cay
COMO Parrot Cay
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
Effective July 22, 2020 the following entry requirements and guidelines will be in place for all arrivals:
As a part of the guidelines, international travelers arriving to the Turks and Caicos Islands must obtain a pre-authorization certification by TCI Assured, a quality assurance portal which will be available on the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board website starting July 15, 2020. In order to receive the pre-authorization certification, all travelers must complete the following requirements:
A negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must be taken within 5 days of travel.
Medical/Travel insurance that covers medevac due to COVID-19
Completed health screening questionnaire
Proof of the aforementioned should be uploaded to the TCI Assured which will be available at http://turksandcaicostourism.com/
Once uploaded, the documents will be verified and a TCI Assured sticker will be issued to the traveler. Visitors will be able to upload documents within 3 days in advance of their arrival to Turks and Caicos to ensure a sticker can be issued. Travelers will not be allowed in to the island without an approved TCI Assured sticker.
Children under 12 years of age will not be required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test, however all other requirements will remain in place.
Upon arrival at the Providenciales International Airport, visitors can expect to present their valid passport and TCI Assured stickers to local authorities. All government personnel will be wearing personal protective equipment. All visitors must wear masks/face covering on arrival and observe protocols of particular airlines. In addition, social distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained while in the airport.
Visitors may be subject to further testing upon arrival. Temperature checks are also to be expected.
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the Traveler’s responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans.
Creating a Safe Environment for Guests and Staff at COMO Parrot Cay
At COMO Parrot Cay, precautionary measures have been taken following the Turks and Caicos Health Minister’s directive and COMO Hotels and Resorts guidelines to create a safer environment for our clientele.
• Car transfers will remain private from the airport to our marina, with only occupants from the same accommodation in the same vehicle. The maximum people allowed per car will be four. Each car will be fully disinfected between clients using Ecolab product, certified for their efficiency.
• Our shared boat transfer capacity will be reduced by half in order to insure sufficient space in between clients. Bags will be disinfected (with pre approval of the bags owner) utilizing efficient, fabric friendly products before boarding on the boat. Each boat will be fully disinfected between guest.
Check in / check out
• When arriving at Leeward Marina, each guest will be subject to a temperature check utilizing a no touch infrared thermometer (temperature above: 100F / 38 C will be directed to the closest hospital).
• Pre registration card will be sent electronically to the guest within 5 days from date of arrival and profile will be updated accordingly by COMO Parrot cay team in order to in an effort to create a touchless experience.
• At time of check in passport information will be captured by camera and guest will swipe their credit card in a portative, sanitized, terminal; in an effort to create a touchless experience.
• The night prior departure the final folio will be send to guest for review
• At time of check out a printed version of the folio will be presented to guest for signature, using a sanitized pen. Copy of the final receipt will be email to guest
• Employees will be wearing facial masks and gloves at all times during the guest experience
• Reusable facial masks will be made available in each accommodation on day of arrival for guest usage. As per government regulation it is mandatory to wear them when in public areas.
• In line with our commitment to protect our clientele, we will be continuing to use Ecolab cleaning product
• Rooms will be serviced once per day during the guest stay (no turndown service).
• Spray sanitizers will be used in addition to the already existing cleaning service of the accommodation (once a day) and public spaces (multiple times a day).
• Signage of sanitization will be displayed in each accommodation once the service has been completed.
• A small container of hand sanitizer will be made available in guest rooms on day of arrival and larger touchless dispensers will be available throughout the property.
• Non-motorized water sports activities will remain complimentary for guest use. Cleaning protocol in between clients will be reinforced.
• Digital concierge desk will be available in each accommodation for the planning of guest activities.
• Group activity will be limited to within family only and is considered private activity.
• Scheduled complimentary wellness class capacity will be reduced and required reservation in order to guarantee safe distance between guests.
• Gym access will remain complimentary, guests will be required to pre book a time slot, in order to secure specific time and insure amount of people in the area guarantee space in between each person.
• Holistic treatment will continue to be conducted following protocols established by COMO Shambhala. Therapist will be wearing facial mask at all time. Guest temperature will be taken on arrival at the lobby (utilizing infrared thermometers).
Food and Beverage
• Restaurant seating has been improved in order to guarantee sufficient space in between tables.
• Bar service will only be available for seated guests (restaurant or lounge area) – no standing at the bar.
• Menus will be displayed on tablets and sanitized in between guest usage.
• Breakfast will be A La Carte (no buffet) and available by Terrace Restaurant or Room Service.
Pool and Beach
• Set up of the lounge chairs has been improved in order to guarantee sufficient space in between guests.
• Food and beverage service by the pool and beach will remain personalized with reduced contact in order to create a private and safe environment for the clientele.
Play by COMO
• We will continue our programs focusing on outdoor activities (weather permitting) for our younger clientele to keep enjoying the beautiful space of COMO Parrot Cay while discovering more about the Turks and Caicos islands surrounding environment.
• Clientele will be asked to sign up for activities in advance to insure sufficient space for our younger guest.
Mosquito and Sandfly
At COMO Parrot Cay we take a three-step approach to reducing the mosquito and sandfly populations on the island. This protects guests from the annoyance and potential health risks caused by insect bites.
Step One: The Use of Completely Natural Pesticides Morning and evening our environment team spray ‘pyrethrum’, an organic substance derived from daisy petals. We spray at high and low altitude to target the insects at each stage of their life cycle.
Step Two: Preventive Maintenance Our environment team work year round to reduce mosquito and sandfly populations, landscaping in a way that disrupts the insects’ breeding habitats.
Step Three: Preventive Action Tiki torches and candles throughout the properties burn citronella; a pleasant-smelling, entirely natural way of limiting the presence of mosquitos and sandflies. Furthermore, the air conditioning units in every property can reduce humidity and temperature, creating an atmosphere almost entirely free of insects.
The COMO nurse office is located within the Verandah building, for guests requiring additional information or assistance
Hotel OverviewProperty Location When you stay at COMO Parrot Cay in Parrot Cay, you'll be on the waterfront and steps from Parrot Cay Beach. This 5-star resort is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from Grace Bay Beach and 15 mi (24.2 km) from Long Bay Beach. Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 72 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Amenities Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Dining Enjoy Pan-Asian cuisine at Lotus, one of the resort's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Parrot Cay? This resort has 660 square feet (61 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and a meeting room. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a ferry terminal shuttle.
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Turndown service
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Towels provided
- Ceiling fan
- Pillowtop mattress
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Champagne service
- Espresso maker
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free WiFi
- Access via exterior corridors
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Designer toiletries
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- In-room massage available
- Premium bedding
- Electric kettle
- Down comforter
- No rollaway/extra beds
- Express check-in
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Children's games
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Food and water bowls
- On private beach
- Conference space size (meters) - 61
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 2
- One meeting room
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Tennis on site
- Couples/private dining
- Private picnics
- Full-service spa
- Marina on site
- Conference space
- Free breakfast
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Proposal/romance packages available
- Wheelchair accessible – no
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 660
- Banquet hall
- Laundry facilities
- Beach towels
- Arcade/game room
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 72
- Year Built - 1998
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Parrot Cay Beach - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Little Water Cay - 17.2 km / 10.7 mi
Provo Conch Farm - 22 km / 13.7 mi
Long Bay Beach - 24.2 km / 15 mi
Leeward Beach - 25 km / 15.6 mi
Grace Bay Beach - 25.4 km / 15.8 mi
The Regent Village Shopping Mall - 27.7 km / 17.2 mi
The Hole - 27.8 km / 17.2 mi
Salt Mills Plaza - 27.9 km / 17.3 mi
Coral Gardens Reef - 30.1 km / 18.7 mi
Royal Flush Gaming Parlor - 31.7 km / 19.7 mi
Pelican Beach - 31.7 km / 19.7 mi
Turtle Lake - 32.9 km / 20.4 mi
Turtle Cove - 33.4 km / 20.8 mi
Harbour Club Marina - 33.5 km / 20.8 mi
The preferred airport for COMO Parrot Cay is Providenciales Intl. Airport (PLS) - 37.4 km / 23.2 mi
- Water skiing