Windsong on the Reef
Windsong on the Reef
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
Effective July 22, 2020 the following entry requirements and guidelines will be in place for all arrivals:
As a part of the guidelines, international travelers arriving to the Turks and Caicos Islands must obtain a pre-authorization certification by TCI Assured, a quality assurance portal which will be available on the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board website starting July 15, 2020. In order to receive the pre-authorization certification, all travelers must complete the following requirements:
A negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must be taken within 5 days of travel.
Medical/Travel insurance that covers medevac due to COVID-19
Completed health screening questionnaire
Proof of the aforementioned should be uploaded to the TCI Assured which will be available at http://turksandcaicostourism.com/
Once uploaded, the documents will be verified and a TCI Assured sticker will be issued to the traveler. Visitors will be able to upload documents within 3 days in advance of their arrival to Turks and Caicos to ensure a sticker can be issued. Travelers will not be allowed in to the island without an approved TCI Assured sticker.
Children under 12 years of age will not be required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test, however all other requirements will remain in place.
Upon arrival at the Providenciales International Airport, visitors can expect to present their valid passport and TCI Assured stickers to local authorities. All government personnel will be wearing personal protective equipment. All visitors must wear masks/face covering on arrival and observe protocols of particular airlines. In addition, social distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained while in the airport.
Visitors may be subject to further testing upon arrival. Temperature checks are also to be expected.
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the Traveler’s responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans.
Windsong Resort Health & Safety Protocols:
• Employee Health and Safety Awareness - We are supporting our employees through proper hygiene and cleaning standards. Staff are instructed to wear gloves, and masks as currently mandated by the government.
• We perform temperature checks on each staff member upon arrival to work.
• Hand Hygiene – We require our staff to wash their hands frequently and have strategically placed hand sanitizing stations around the resort to ensure that they have easy access to disinfectants.
• We require our staff to practice social distancing and respiratory hygiene.
• Ongoing Training – We continually inform and update team members about how the virus can spread and require them to exercise vigilance in their day-to-day practices.
• Real-time Information – We monitor new information daily from the CDC and WHO websites, and we ensure that our team takes all appropriate action.
• Guests are required to maintain 6 feet from the front desk. The lobby floor and other areas of the resort have been marked with colorful floor decals to indicate the recommended distance between individuals.
• Guests are asked to please ride the elevator alone, or ONLY WITH FAMILY MEMBERS.
• Beach and pool loungers are placed in groupings 6 feet part.
• We have re-organized our restaurant and bar areas to provide more space between tables.
• Germicidal air purification UV lights are being installed in all air conditioning units.
• Ecolab disinfectant products are used throughout the resort including guest rooms and laundry. Ecolab is a global hospitality leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
• No-touch sanitizer dispenser stations are placed throughout the resort.
• Disinfectant wipes are available at elevator entrances.
• Staff has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces with a focus on the front desk countertops, door handles, toilet handles, bathroom faucets, door handles, guest telephones and computers.
• Bulgari sanitizing wipes are provided at check-in.
• The front desk area and its various equipment are sanitized after every guest interaction.
• Pens and keycards are sanitized between use.
• There will be a pause on guest “opt-out” cleaning. All guest rooms will be cleaned daily.
• To reduce contact with the staff, guests will be asked to leave their room during housekeeping cleaning service.
• Designated Windsong staff, whose sole responsibility it is to sanitize, will specifically disinfect all high touch areas in the guest rooms prior to guest check in. These areas include, but are not are not limited to door handles, both sides of the doors, bathroom doors, balcony doors, telephones, remotes, light switches, HVAC controls, drawers, faucets, and toilet handles.
• Antibacterial wipes, along with an Ecolab disinfectant cleaner will be used by the Windsong staff to clean and disinfect areas and surfaces.
• Hand sanitizers are available in the room for guest use.
• Laminated menus are sanitized between guest use.
• Tables and chairs are sanitized between use.
• No silverware will be pre-set on tables.
• Room service is encouraged.
• Tables are spaced apart appropriately.
Pool and Beach
• Beach chairs are sprayed at resort opening and closing.
• Loungers on the beach are placed in groupings of 2 or 4, with groupings at least 6 ft apart.
• Snorkel gear is rented to guests for their entire stay.
• Snorkel equipment is sanitized by submerging it for at least 5 minutes in a solution of Ecolab peroxide cleaner and disinfectant.
• Life jackets and all watersports equipment surfaces are sanitized between use.
• Our Fitness Center is disinfected every hour.
• The Drift Spa is sanitized after every guest.
• Bicycles are cleaned following each guest use.
Hotel OverviewProperty Location When you stay at Windsong on the Reef in Providenciales, you'll be on the beach, within a 10-minute drive of Turtle Cove and Grace Bay Beach. This 4.5-star resort is 5 mi (8.1 km) from Long Bay Beach and 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from Sapodilla Bay. Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 76 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring kitchens. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. 55-inch LED televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary newspapers. Amenities Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Dining Enjoy international cuisine at Jojos Cafe, a poolside restaurant which features a bar/lounge, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at the beach bar or the poolside bar. A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Providenciales? This resort has 1507 square feet (140 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and a meeting room. Free self parking is available onsite.
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LED TV
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Soundproofed rooms
- Turndown service
- Individually decorated
- Towels provided
- Ceiling fan
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Pillowtop mattress
- Linens provided
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Electrical adapters/chargers
- Laundry detergent
- Cable TV service
- Premium TV channels
- No rollaway/extra beds
- Free WiFi
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Designer toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Premium bedding
- Shower only
- Paper towels
- Down comforter
- Smoking and Non-Smoking
- No cribs (infant beds)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Beach bar
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Conference space
- Free breakfast
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 2
- Conference space size (meters) - 140
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Wheelchair accessible – no
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 1507
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Television in common areas
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- One meeting room
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Year Built - 2008
- Total number of rooms - 76
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 6
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Coral Gardens Reef - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Royal Flush Gaming Parlor - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Pelican Beach - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Grace Bay Beach - 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
Turtle Cove - 3 km / 1.9 mi
Salt Mills Plaza - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
The Regent Village Shopping Mall - 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
Babalua Beach - 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
Turtle Lake - 4.1 km / 2.6 mi
Harbour Club Marina - 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
Flamingo Lake - 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
Cheshire Hall Plantation - 6.2 km / 3.9 mi
Leeward Beach - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
The Hole - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
Our Lady of Divine Providence Church - 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
The preferred airport for Windsong on the Reef is Providenciales Intl. Airport (PLS) - 8.6 km / 5.3 mi
- Bicycle rentals
- Golf - miniature
- Rowing or canoeing
- Scooter/Moped Rentals
- Scuba diving
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Water skiing