The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
UPDATE: 7/10/20 - Effective Wednesday, July 15, individuals 15 years and older who are residents of, or whose travel to the territory originated in states with a COVID-19 positive rate of 10% or higher, must present a negative COVID-19 PCR nasal test or positive COVID-19 antibodies test that was taken within five days of their arrival date upon entering the territory. This list is ever changing, but as of July 10, the USVI government is requiring testing for those who are residents of, or whose travel to the territory originated in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Mississippi, Nevada, South Carolina and Texas. Individuals who are unable to provide test results must go into a 14-day quarantine. The new travel restrictions will be evaluated weekly and are subject to change by the local government.
The USVI government is using statistics published on John Hopkins' website at https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/testing-positivity
All arriving passengers MUST wear a facial covering upon terminal disembarkation in accordance with USVI guidelines.
All arriving passengers are hereby given notice that upon arrival into a US Virgin Islands port they will be subject to certain COVID-19 screening procedures outlined below and that ALL arriving passengers by embarkation on an arriving aircraft or vessel grant their consent to these procedures upon arrival.
Upon exiting the aircraft or vessel, a representative will advise passengers about the screening procedures.
Upon exiting the aircraft or vessel, ALL passengers will be escorted to the Virgin Islands Port Authority temperate checkpoint and will be required to complete a Traveler Screening Questionnaire. At this checkpoint, ALL passengers will have their temperature taken.
If the passenger has a temperature reading below 100.4F and answeres "NO" to all questions on the COVID-19 Traveler Screening Tool, he/she will be given a Virgin Islands Department of Health (VIDOH) COVID-19 Health Alert Card and will be free to leave.
If the passenger screens above 100.4F, he/she will be escorted by the Department of Health (VIDOH) for purposes of quarantine and a second temperature screening, due to possible atmospheric temperature effects on body temperature. After a 10-minute break, VIDOH personnel will retake the passengers temperature. If the passengers temperature is below 100.4F after the second temperature reading, and the passenger has answered "NO" to all the questions, he/she will be given a Virgin Islands Department of Health COVID-19 Health Alert Card and will be free to leave.
If the passengers temperature remains at 100.4F or above and/or the passenger has answered "YES" to any of the questions, the following steps should be taken.
- If the passenger is a visitor, he/she will be required to go directly to his/her accomodations provider and will be required to self-quarantine while awaiting COVID-19 testing by the VIDOH Epidemiology Team withih 24 hours.
- If the arriving passenger is a resident, he/she will be required to head directly to his/her residence of place of abode and self-quarantine until an appointment for COVID-19 testing is arranged by the VIDOH Epidemiology Team the following day.
- Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 will be subject to further direct by VIDOH.
For further information, please visit: https://usviupdate.com/
Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the traveler's responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans.
Marriott Global Cleanliness Council
Marriott recently announced the creation of the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council – consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations. Together, the council members will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for Marriott’s more than 7,300 properties around the globe. The new standards will be designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for the company’s guests and the 750,000 people worldwide who wear the Marriott name badge.
New Cleaning Technologies
While Marriott’s council develops its work, the company has initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at its properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
In its everyday cleaning, Marriott will also be using the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to treat known pathogens.
Cleaning Regimen Changes
When guests check into Marriott’s hotels over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to the company’s regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels. Specific areas of focus include:
• Surface Areas: In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, Marriott has added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. The company will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
• Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, Marriott will be using signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing. The company is planning to add partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for its guests and associates and is working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates. You’ll see more hand sanitizing stations around Marriott’s hotels – near the entrances and front desks, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces.
In addition, in more than 3,200 of the company’s hotels, guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service that will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact. These “touchless” services can all be done quickly via Marriott’s mobile app.
• Food Safety: At Marriott, food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The company’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. Marriott is also enhancing sanitation guidelines and training videos for associates that include hygiene and disinfecting practices. In addition, the company is modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.
The resort’s location is ideal for a day of island hopping through the U.S. and British Virgin Islands, visiting secluded beaches, private cays and secret snorkeling spots.
Hotel OverviewProperty Location When you stay at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas in St. Thomas, you'll be on the beach, a 3-minute drive from Secret Harbour Beach and 6 minutes from Sapphire Beach. This 5-star resort is 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from Coki Beach and 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from Virgin Islands National Park. Rooms Stay in one of 180 guestrooms featuring LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries. Amenities Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a waterslide, and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional amenities at this Mediterranean resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Dining Enjoy a satisfying meal at Alloro serving guests of The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to 9 AM for a fee. Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. This resort has 4 meeting rooms available for events. Free valet parking is available onsite.
What to expect:
- Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Coffee/tea maker
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service
- Turndown service
- Towels provided
- Free local calls
- Ceiling fan
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Closed captioned TV
- Free toiletries
- LCD TV
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Lowered electrical outlets in bathroom
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Lowered peephole/view port in door
- Lowered locks/deadbolt
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Free WiFi
- Grab bar - near toilet
- Access via exterior corridors
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Designer toiletries
- Deep soaking bathtub
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Visual fire alarm
- Lever door handles
- Premium bedding
- Club level room
- Separate bathtub and shower
Island Indulgence Massage, Island Oasis Facial, renewal wraps and scrubs and the seaside cabana massage are among the treatments available at The Ritz-Carlton's boutique-style spa. The spa also features complimentary men's and women's steam rooms, a relaxation lounge, and private seaside cabana for alfresco massages. Bleuwater offers sophisticated dining, with a focus on fresh seafood and prime steak. Alloro brings refined Sicilian cuisine to St. Thomas by way of fresh pasta, local seafood and handcrafted cocktails. Coconut Cove and Sails offer casual pool and beachside dining, along with a wide selection of local beers and tropical cocktails.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in guest rooms, public areas, on pool decks, and on beaches. Complimentary golf cart shuttles transport guests around the grounds.
A mandatory resort fee of $80 per room, per day is included in Classic Vacations' room rates. The fee includes the following amenities: wireless Internet throughout the resort, welcome drink & beverage station, daily rum tasting, use of all non-motorized water sports, complimentary valet parking, use of the 24-hour fitness center and daily instructor-led fitness classes, use of tennis courts and tennis equipment, and Snorkel Gear.
Private cars of varying prices are available. They can be reserved during the process of booking a reservation for this hotel, via this website, and added to the total trip cost. The following amenities are available on-site; fees may apply.
- Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- Express check-in
- Visual alarms in hallways
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Well-lit path to entrance
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free valet parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Pool umbrellas
- Couples/private dining
- Full-service spa
- Beach umbrellas
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Children's pool
- Spa services on site
- Proposal/romance packages available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Beach towels
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Wheelchair-accessible public washroom
- Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- Wedding services
- In-room accessibility
- Assistive listening devices in meeting rooms
- Assistive listening devices available
- Braille or raised signage
- Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- Multilingual staff
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Wheelchair-accessible spa
- Wheelchair-accessible pool
- Wheelchair-accessible fitness center
- Wheelchair-accessible meeting spaces/business center
- Year Built - 1992
- Total number of rooms - 180
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of buildings/towers - 6
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Cowpet Bay - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Secret Harbor - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Nazareth Bay - 1.7 km / 1 mi
Cow and Calf Rock - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Secret Harbour Beach - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
American Yacht Harbor - 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
Sapphire Beach - 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
Smith Bay Beach - 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
Wyndham Sugar Bay Beach - 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
Pineapple Beach - 6 km / 3.7 mi
Coki Beach - 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
Bolongo Bay - 7 km / 4.3 mi
Mangrove Lagoon - 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
Coral World Ocean Park - 7.2 km / 4.5 mi
Frenchman's Bay - 8.3 km / 5.2 mi
The nearest airports are:
Cyril E. King Airport (STT) - 17.5 km / 10.9 mi
St. Thomas (SPB-St. Thomas Seaplane Base) - 13.8 km / 8.6 mi
The preferred airport for The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas is Cyril E. King Airport (STT).
- Golf - driving range
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Jet skiing
- Motor boating
- Running track/path
- Scuba diving
- Yoga classes/instruction