Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos
Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
We want our guests to understand what we are doing today and planning for this summer season ahead in the areas of cleanliness, hygiene and space so that when you arrive at Santa Marina you know our commitment to your health and safety is our priority. Caring and being part of Marriott, we will abide with all the stringent cleaning procedures, we will not cut any corner for all the additional measures we must and will take to protect our guests.
When your clients are ready to travel again, we are ready to welcome them, for the relaxed and happy summer holiday that they deserve. Together we will soon again enjoy, respectfully, a sense of freedom that makes our Mykonos home so very special.
To ensure the well-being of our guests and teams, we will be implementing health and safety measures in line with the Greek government regulations and Marriott International standards. With this in mind, we are introducing a few important changes that we would like to make you aware of:
• We are following all guidelines and suggestions of the Greek Government, Greek Health Authorities, Marriott International and the World Health Organization (WHO).
• An action plan has been implemented as dictated from Greek Government with all the actions that the hotel will take in case there is a Covid-19 case within our premises. That action plan contains also preventative measures and is under review and update constantly.
• Our Management team is heavily involved in this action plan and there are supervisors/ coordinators in all the hotel’s departments. All of these are under the General Manager’s supervision and guidance.
• Our hotel colleagues are fully trained by a certified government company on hygiene protocols and prevention measurements. We will undertake constant colleague training also throughout the Development Center of Marriott International.
• We have established a direct co-operation with a Registered Greek Doctor based in Mykonos who is officially acting on behalf of the Greek health authorities and is fully trained on Covid-19 cases.
• We have established direct communication with a private clinic in Mykonos where Covid-19 testing is taking place and Doctors specialized on Covid-19 cases can be available in case there is any need.
• Our hotel is already certified by Lloyd’s Register on BS EN ISO 22000:2018.
• Our General Manager is the main liaison between the Greek health authorities and the hotel, he has direct and regular communication.
• Our hotel keeps an official incident log and will share this with Greek authorities in any case should there be a need to trace the guests and/ or the clients, we will always comply with GDPR legislations.
• Our written guidelines are also available for our guests at any time
• All our colleagues are using Personal Protective Equipment according to the needs of his/her job description.
• Personal Protective Equipment is also available for our guests (sanitizers, protective face masks, gloves, etc.) as and when required.
• We will use a plexiglass screen in our reception desk.
• Our colleagues have been trained to recognize Covid-19 symptoms and in such instances, they would share this alert with the relevant person in charge based on the action plan and subsequent action will follow accordingly.
• We stringently disinfect all public areas and high-touch spaces throughout the day, this includes our Colleagues Back of House areas.
• Safety social distancing is highly recommended to all our guests and is constantly communicated by our colleagues.
• We limit to a safe specific number of guests in each area of the hotel at any time. This is constantly monitored in order not to have too many guests and to avoid any possible spreading of the virus.
• External Guests are strictly forbidden to enter any guest rooms.
• We have detailed and COVID-19 revised Standard Operating Procedures for the cleanliness of all guestrooms, outlets and public areas, using Ecolab and Johnson’s Diversey COVID-free certified products.
Marriott Global Cleaning Council
• The Council will focus on developing the next level of hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors.
• Will provide a holistic approach designed to minimize risk and enhance safety.
• Consists of in-house and outside experts, including senior leaders from across Marriott disciplines such as housekeeping, engineering, food safety, occupational health and colleague wellbeing.
• We will progressively deploy enhanced technologies to counter the spread of the virus. Examples include:
- Guests who opt into the Mobile Key service via the Marriott Bonvoy mobile app can receive a virtual key to their phone, without the need for a traditional plastic room key. Guests receive an alert when their key is activated following a Mobile Check-In.
EMEA Safe Choice Program
• Guests checking in to Santa Marina will experience the SAFE Choice program.
• Following a thorough review of new government guidance from a variety of countries and territories, SAFE Choice was designed with the health and safety of our guests and associates in mind.
• This program will reduce the frequency of housekeeping services to every third day of a guest’s stay, in an effort to limit personal contact and reduce the number of times an associate enters a guest’s room.
• Guests can still elect to have daily housekeeping services (at no extra cost) should they wish to do so.
Cleanliness Regime Changes
Guests will notice additions to our cleaning regime designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotel. Specific areas of focus include:
- COVID-19 has raised awareness about the importance of high-touch surface cleanliness. In public spaces, the hotel has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are thoroughly treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency.
- In guest rooms, the hotel has likewise added to its rigorous protocols, requiring that all surfaces are thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Installation sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipe stations across public areas.
- Disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
Reception, Valet and Concierge
• During this time, we will not be offering any valet parking, until further notice.
• We will have Plexiglas barriers at our Reception, Concierge and Guest Relations desks.
• We offer mobile check in and check out to all of our guests. Our Guests do no need to go at the reception desk to perform their arrival or departure. This is available through the Marriott Bonvoy mobile app at any time.
• We have keyless access to all our Guest rooms. Guests can receive their room key in their smart phone device without going to the reception desk. This is available through Marriott Bonvoy mobile app.
• Credit card payments are accepted and are a preferred as a method of payment.
• We routinely disinfection all key cards used by Guests and Colleagues.
• Upon arrival, our Guests luggage will be transported to a special disinfection area within our luggage room to undergo disinfecting before delivery to our Guests rooms.
• Our Lobby area has been rearranged in accordance with the Greek government guidelines to enable social distancing between Guests and our Colleagues.
• We will operate with an entirely paperless operation.
• All restaurant and bar seating areas will comply with the Greek government’s social distancing measures.
• All colleagues in our kitchens will use personal protection equipment (masks, gloves, sanitation products).
• Our colleagues are trained to serve our guests in a new sequence, adhering to new social distancing, protocols and personal protection.
• Our tables will have net set ups that accommodate table distancing and all of our outlets will have safe capacity limitations, though still offering the service and atmosphere you enjoy.
• Our restaurants and bars will have special Plexiglas at the welcome desks and bar counters
- During this time we will offer a very limited buffet breakfast that is in accordance with Greek government guidelines. All food items will be individual.
- All food orders will be on an a la carte basis.
- Breakfast alternatives of pre-packed options will be available.
In Room Dining
- Room service will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact.
- Private dining options are available in all guest rooms, suites and villas, 24 hours a day.
- In room dining food deliveries will be in closed type food transport carts that are diligently washed and disinfected after each delivery.
- We have strict policies in elevators where food is transported, it is strictly forbidden for anyone to enter (except the person carrying the cart) until the food is transported out.
• Our daily housekeeping service will operate during the hours 8:00am until 4:00pm.
• Evening turndown service will be on a request basis.
• Diligent cleaning protocols are place strictly following the ‘Clean Matters’ program - established by Marriott International.
• We request that guests are not present during any housekeeping service.
• Any extra bedding, blankets, pillows will be disinfected before each guest arrival.
• We will include in all guest rooms an in room sanitizing kit; including masks, disinfectant bottle and disinfectant wipes.
• Our in room mini bars will have a reduced selection of items and all cups will be disposable and hygienically wrapped.
• Our reception desks will have a protective Plexiglas barrier.
• Guests will be requested to follow the floor spacing signage to allow social distancing whilst waiting.
• We use COVID-19 compliant disinfectant products in all areas including the changing rooms.
• During this time, we will not have any food items or infused water in the Spa area. We will offer guests bottled beverages.
• Our Spa menu will be available in digital format on iPads which will be disinfected after each guest’s usage.
• Any paper used will be single use.
• All guests will be offered disinfectant kits.
• Our Fitness room has new capacity guidelines in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
• Some of the fitness equipment is rearranged.
• We will disinfect all equipment diligently after each use.
Lobby Shops and Reef Boutique
• We have limited the occupancy of our shops and Reef boutique according to the new capacity guidelines and so we will only allow a specific number of guests at any time.
• All our stores have an antiseptic station at the entrance; equipped with antiseptic solution and gloves.
• We will undergo a regular disinfection of all products.
Guest Laundry Service
• All laundry associates wear personal protection equipment and will follow proper hand hygiene procedures.
• We only accept bagged laundry/dry cleaning and will always handle all laundry with gloves.
• All laundry equipment is be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly at the end of each day.
Hotel OverviewProperty Location Located in Mykonos, Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos is by the ocean, a 1-minute drive from Ornos Beach and 14 minutes from Windmills of Mykonos. This 5-star hotel is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from Mykonos Old Port and 3 mi (4.8 km) from Archaeological Museum of Mykonos. Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 101 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms feature bathtubs or showers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Amenities Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle. Dining Enjoy Mediterranean cuisine at Colonial Pool, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at the bar/lounge, the beach bar, or one of 2 poolside bars. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM. Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available 24 hours), and a cruise ship terminal shuttle is also provided at no charge.
What to expect:
Mykonos is a world-renowned, cosmopolitan island ideal for couples, families and friends. A picturesque town featuring boutique shops, excellent cuisine, trendy bars and a vibrant nightlife scene. The island is also known for its beautiful sandy beaches and white-washed Cycladic architecture.
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Wardrobe or closet
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Individually furnished
- Turndown service
- Individually decorated
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Toilet paper
- Champagne service
- Free toiletries
- Espresso maker
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Bathtub or shower
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Guidebooks or recommendations
- Satellite TV service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Flat-panel TV
- No rollaway/extra beds
- Free WiFi
- Access via exterior corridors
- Laptop-friendly workspace
- In-room massage available
- Lever door handles
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Electric kettle
The Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos offers a floodlit tennis court. There is also the new Gingko Spa with a state of the art gymnasium, sauna, treatment rooms and hammam. The resort promises a truly relaxing stay and a time to rejuvenate in one of the infinity pools, whirlpool and in its outstanding Ginkgo Spa, offering a wide range of soothing facial and body treatments, with ESPA and Phytomer fine spa products, combining traditional and contemporary techniques.
Santa Marina has great grounds and facilities for children who can enjoy the private beach, children’s Lappset playground and family friendly pool. Babysitting is also available upon request.
The hotel has a meeting room able to accommodate 80. Faxes can be sent and received from reception.
- Coffee maker (Nespresso)
- Audio-visual equipment upon request (extra charge)
- Outdoor swimming pool – family friendly
- Outdoor swimming pool – adults only
- Free cruise terminal shuttle
- Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- Free ferry terminal shuttle
- Visual alarms in hallways
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Free airport transportation
- 24-hour front desk
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Express check-out
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free valet parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- On private beach
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Pool umbrellas
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Beach bar
- Couples/private dining
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Designer stores on site
- Number of poolside bars - 2
- Full-service spa
- Beach umbrellas
- Free breakfast
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Beach sun loungers
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free area shuttle
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Laundry facilities
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Beach towels
- Television in common areas
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- Wedding services
- Wheelchair-accessible van parking
- Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- Multilingual staff
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 101
- Number of floors - 2
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Aegean Islands - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Ornos Beach - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Kórfos - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Agios Ioannis Beach - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Ágios Ioánnis - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Megali Ammos Beach - 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
Platis Gialos Beach - 3 km / 1.9 mi
Psarou Beach - 3 km / 1.9 mi
Fabrica Square - 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
Kápari - 3.2 km / 2 mi
Ágios Charálampos - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Agricultural Museum - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Windmills of Mykonos - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Tria Pigadia - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Patéra Pláka - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
The nearest airports are:
Mykonos Island National Airport (JMK) - 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
Naxos (JNX-Naxos Island National) - 55.4 km / 34.4 mi
Parikia (PAS-Paros National) - 68 km / 42.2 mi
Ermoupolis (JSY-Syros Island National) - 47.5 km / 29.5 mi
The preferred airport for Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos is Mykonos Island National Airport (JMK).
- Horse riding/rental
- Jet skiing
- Motor boating
- Running track/path
- Scooter/Moped Rentals
- Scuba diving
- Water skiing