Hotel degli Orafi
Lungarno Archibusieri 4, Florence, FI, Italy
Destination Entry Requirements
Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No
– U.S. citizens may exit or depart Italy to return to the United States at any time.
– Current travel restrictions on entry into Italy are linked to several factors, including one’s country of departure and purpose of travel.
– Non-essential travel (i.e., tourism) to Italy from most non-EU countries (including the United States) is prohibited. Essential travel is allowed and includes students, businesspersons, EU residents, and relatives of Italian citizens.
– The Government of Italy periodically updates these restrictions based upon changing conditions, and all travelers should refer to current Italian health decrees when making travel plans.
– English-language guidance on current entry and exit requirements is maintained on the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website.
– All persons traveling to Italy from any foreign location are required to provide their airline or Italian law enforcement officials with a self-declaration form prior to travel.
Is a curfew in place? Yes
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021, the Italian government approved a decree extending the Covid-19 state of emergency until 30 April, 2021, and providing guidance for the period from January 16, 2021 through March 5, 2021. A country-wide curfew will remain in effect during this period from 10:00pm to 5:00am.
Travelers can visit this website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for additional information on Italian government decrees and measures.
During this time, it is also important to remain aware of restrictions in place within your region.
The Italian government has determined that all persons traveling to Italy from any foreign location are required to provide their airline or Italian law enforcement officials upon entry into Italy with a Self-Declaration Form prior to travel. Currently, U.S originating flights are not permitted entry. This applies to only essential travel and countries with no restrictions to entry.
Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
Travelers departing on COVID-tested international flights between the United States and Italy are not currently subject to quarantine upon arrival in Italy. Please check with your private carriers with respect to availability. All travelers otherwise arriving in Italy from abroad must self-isolate for 14 days unless they are traveling from an exempted country or for a purpose that falls under current exceptions. A list of these countries and exceptional purposes for travel can be found on the following website: https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html
Please check the Italian regulations carefully before attempting to travel.
The form can be found here: https://www.esteri.it/mae/resource/doc/2020/07/modulo_rientro_da_estero_08_07_2020_-_eng_0.pdf
Information can also be found on the US Embassy in Italy Website: https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Classic Vacations wants you to have a safe and truly wonderful vacation, so we recommend that you fully educate yourself on the destination and hotel specific changes that have been made in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and plan accordingly before you depart on your vacation.
Closed or Reduced hours of operation may be in place for businesses. Restrictions may be in place on intercity or interstate travel. Further local restrictions may apply. Please check the destinations’ official governmental health ministry website prior to travel for the most up to date information. https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
COVID-19 TEST MAY BE REQUIRED TO ENTER YOUR DESTINATION. If you want to adjust your travel plans, please call the Classic Vacations Reservation Call Center, the number is 800-221-3949 or your dedicated Classic Preferred number. Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the Traveler’s responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans. Please continue to monitor all state or local health advisories from your city or state of origin prior to travel. In addition to international entry COVID-19 travel protocols, COVID-19 travel restrictions and protocols may be in place upon return to the United States. Please continue to monitor all COVID-19 Travel information at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html.
Since destination entry requirements vary widely and change frequently, at least 5 business days prior to departure, we recommend that all Travelers:
• Check your destination’s official governmental health ministry website for the latest entry, testing and in-destination self-isolation requirements and complete all pre-travel items and preparation; e.g. https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
• Check Classic Vacation’s hotel resource and health & safety website for the latest open status, on-site health & safety requirements and service adjustments that have been provided by each property.
On-site service adjustments may include, but are not limited to, food services (room service, buffets), check-in & check-out time, daily linen change, turndown service, on-site amenities (pool, spa, gym), etc.
What to expect:
Set in a 13th-century building in the heart of Florence, this boutique hotel is elegantly appointed with original frescoes and antique furnishings. With a warm and welcoming ambiance, this family-owned hotel appeals to business executives and leisure travellers seeking a luxury Italy vacation. New family Suites opened in 2019.
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- Soundproofed rooms
- Bathroom emergency pull cord
- Towels provided
- Bedsheets provided
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Wheelchair accessible
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- No cribs (infant beds)
Located next to the Arno River in the city center, this hotel is just steps from Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery. Guests enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning in an elegantly appointed ballroom with original frescoes. The hotel also features a rooftop bar and a library with a computer station; and wireless Internet access is available in all rooms and public areas including the terrace. Amenities include concierge services, babysitting/childcare on request, and dry cleaning service.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- Express check-in
- Wheelchair-accessible lounge
- Handrails in stairways
- Rooftop terrace
- Stair-free path to entrance
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Snack bar/deli
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- One meeting room
- Wheelchair-accessible public washroom
- Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
- Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Year Built - 1200
- Total number of rooms - 42
- Number of floors - 5
DiningA complimentary buffet breakfast is provided each morning.
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Vasari Corridor - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Uffizi Gallery - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Ponte Vecchio - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Galileo Museum - Institute and Museum of the History of Science - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Loggia dei Lanzi - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Via de' Calzaiuoli - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Palazzo Vecchio - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Piazza della Signoria - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Gucci Museum - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Orsanmichele - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Palazzo Davanzati Museum - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Via de' Tornabuoni - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Salvatore Ferragamo Museum - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Piazza San Firenze - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Via Maggio - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
The preferred airport for Hotel degli Orafi is Peretola Airport (FLR) - 11.5 km / 7.1 mi