Piazza Santa Maria Novella 24, Florence, FI, Italy
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
Our sauna and gym will be closed initially, but we anticipate reopening both in September.
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
Prior to re-opening:
• The entire hotel will be cleaned as usual and will undergo a deep sanitization.
• The central air conditioning system, along with each individual unit in public and private
spaces will receive a complete disinfection.
Upon re-opening (check-in):
• The main entrance will have two separate entry and exit points. The reception desk will have two different stations where clients can speak with the receptionists, who will be wearing special face masks. There will be also a plastic frame between the 2 parties so that direct contact is avoided. Disinfectant devices will be placed at the entrance of the hotel. A screen at the reception desk will show what to do and how to act while in the hotel. Written information in Italian and in English will be available on the screen.
• Each arriving client will be escorted to his room using elevators or stairs. Elevators will be used only by clients and, if not of the same family, only one client will use the elevator at a time. The call buttons outside and inside the elevators have been covered by a special plastic product and can be washed and sanitized anytime we use it. The disinfection of the entire elevator will be done on a regular basis by our staff on duty.
• We will ask clients to keep their own key card for the entire stay in our Hotel. If they deliver the key to the front desk we will use a UV machine to sanitize it. This machine will also be used for sanitizing credit cards and IDs, as well as money in the case of cash payment. (Use of credit card will be encouraged.)
Upon re-opening (in-room):
• Disinfectant devices will be available at each floor. Individual sleeping rooms will be cleaned using the same procedure as before. They will then be sanitized using an ozone machine.
Rooms will be cleaned on a daily basis, unless the guest prefers otherwise.
• Tea and coffee making facilities, iron board and iron, pen and laundry bag will be available only on request.
• Remote control for the TV will be sanitized every morning and at departure of the client
covered with a new plastic bag
• Mini bar will be empty but there will be a free supply of water in the room.
• Linen and towels for each departure will be immediately stockpiled in a plastic bag for the laundry service.
Upon re-opening (breakfast & bar service):
• Breakfast will be served as usual in our breakfast room. Tables will have seats for 2 or 4 if sharing the same room or from the same family.
• Part of the breakfast will be on the buffet: yogurt, cornflakes, milk (all in single portions).
Butter and marmalade will be available at the table. Guests will have the chance to order eggs, fruit juices, cheese, salami from a menu on the table. A supply of bread and croissant will be delivered to the table, as well as tea, coffee, cappuccino.
• There will be a separate entrance and exit from the elevator and from the stairs. The serving staff will wear plastic shields, masks and gloves. The room will always have windows open and it will be thoroughly cleaned at the completion of service each day.
• Room service will be available for those who require breakfast served in the room, with no additional service charge.
• The bar will be open from 12:30/1:00pm until 9:00pm. There will be separate entrances and exits. Disinfectant devices will be available at each entrance and staff will wear plastic shields, masks and gloves.
• Tables will be disinfected after each use and periodically throughout the day by the staff on duty. It will be thoroughly cleaned again upon completion of the day’s service.
• According to the new laws we have required our purveyors to follow the same procedures we are following.
GOOD TO KNOW:
We are very happy to welcome your clients once again to the Hotel L’Orologio Flor¬ence.
- Daily housekeeping
- Smoking and Non-Smoking
- Soundproofed rooms
- Shower/tub combination
- Individually decorated
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- LCD TV
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Raised toilet seat
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free dial-up Internet access
- Bathroom emergency pull cord
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- In-room massage available
- Premium bedding
Hotel L'Orologio's focus on wristwatches is evident throughout the property, via watch-themed paintings and photography, the watch-shaped chocolates served in the bar, and the collection of vintage Rolex and Patek Philippe wristwatches displayed throughout this modern, elegant hotel. Buffet breakfast is complimentary each morning, and wireless Internet access is complimentary throughout the hotel. This smoke-free hotel also offers room service, available during limited hours, and a business center. Guests can break a sweat with the provided fitness equipment or in the on-site sauna. Family rooms, rooms for special needs and smoking lounge are available for hotel guests.
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Business center
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Steam room
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Food and water bowls
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- In-room accessibility
- Multilingual staff
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Year Built - 1500
- Total number of rooms - 54
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
DiningBuffet breakfast is complimentary at Hotel L'Orologio. Breakfast is served in the dining room on the top floor, where guests can enjoy city views. Room service - Available during limited hours.
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Via de' Tornabuoni - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Basilica of Santa Maria Novella - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Piazza di Santa Maria Novella - 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
Medici Chapels - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Strozzi Palace - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Via Faenza - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Florence Baptistery - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Via de' Calzaiuoli - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Florence Design Academy - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Salvatore Ferragamo Museum - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Loggia del Bigallo - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Piazza della Repubblica - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Laurentian Library - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Giotto's Campanile - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
The preferred airport for Hotel L'Orologio is Peretola Airport (FLR) - 11.4 km / 7.1 mi
- Bicycle rentals