Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese
Via Lombardia 47, Rome, RM, Italy
Destination Entry Requirements
Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No
– U.S. citizens may exit or depart Italy to return to the United States at any time.
– Current travel restrictions on entry into Italy are linked to several factors, including one’s country of departure and purpose of travel.
– Non-essential travel (i.e., tourism) to Italy from most non-EU countries (including the United States) is prohibited. Essential travel is allowed and includes students, businesspersons, EU residents, and relatives of Italian citizens.
– The Government of Italy periodically updates these restrictions based upon changing conditions, and all travelers should refer to current Italian health decrees when making travel plans.
– English-language guidance on current entry and exit requirements is maintained on the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website.
– All persons traveling to Italy from any foreign location are required to provide their airline or Italian law enforcement officials with a self-declaration form prior to travel.
Is a curfew in place? Yes
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021, the Italian government approved a decree extending the Covid-19 state of emergency until 30 April, 2021, and providing guidance for the period from January 16, 2021 through March 5, 2021. A country-wide curfew will remain in effect during this period from 10:00pm to 5:00am.
Travelers can visit this website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for additional information on Italian government decrees and measures.
During this time, it is also important to remain aware of restrictions in place within your region.
The Italian government has determined that all persons traveling to Italy from any foreign location are required to provide their airline or Italian law enforcement officials upon entry into Italy with a Self-Declaration Form prior to travel. Currently, U.S originating flights are not permitted entry. This applies to only essential travel and countries with no restrictions to entry.
Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
Travelers departing on COVID-tested international flights between the United States and Italy are not currently subject to quarantine upon arrival in Italy. Please check with your private carriers with respect to availability. All travelers otherwise arriving in Italy from abroad must self-isolate for 14 days unless they are traveling from an exempted country or for a purpose that falls under current exceptions. A list of these countries and exceptional purposes for travel can be found on the following website: https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html
Please check the Italian regulations carefully before attempting to travel.
The form can be found here: https://www.esteri.it/mae/resource/doc/2020/07/modulo_rientro_da_estero_08_07_2020_-_eng_0.pdf
Information can also be found on the US Embassy in Italy Website: https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Classic Vacations wants you to have a safe and truly wonderful vacation, so we recommend that you fully educate yourself on the destination and hotel specific changes that have been made in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and plan accordingly before you depart on your vacation.
Closed or Reduced hours of operation may be in place for businesses. Restrictions may be in place on intercity or interstate travel. Further local restrictions may apply. Please check the destinations’ official governmental health ministry website prior to travel for the most up to date information. https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
COVID-19 TEST MAY BE REQUIRED TO ENTER YOUR DESTINATION. If you want to adjust your travel plans, please call the Classic Vacations Reservation Call Center, the number is 800-221-3949 or your dedicated Classic Preferred number. Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the Traveler’s responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans. Please continue to monitor all state or local health advisories from your city or state of origin prior to travel. In addition to international entry COVID-19 travel protocols, COVID-19 travel restrictions and protocols may be in place upon return to the United States. Please continue to monitor all COVID-19 Travel information at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html.
Since destination entry requirements vary widely and change frequently, at least 5 business days prior to departure, we recommend that all Travelers:
• Check your destination’s official governmental health ministry website for the latest entry, testing and in-destination self-isolation requirements and complete all pre-travel items and preparation; e.g. https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
• Check Classic Vacation’s hotel resource and health & safety website for the latest open status, on-site health & safety requirements and service adjustments that have been provided by each property.
On-site service adjustments may include, but are not limited to, food services (room service, buffets), check-in & check-out time, daily linen change, turndown service, on-site amenities (pool, spa, gym), etc.
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Smoking and Non-Smoking
- Soundproofed rooms
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Turndown service
- Free bottled water
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- LCD TV
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Local maps
- Guidebooks or recommendations
- Satellite TV service
- Room service (24 hours)
- No rollaway/extra beds
- Free WiFi
- No cribs (infant beds)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Designer toiletries
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium bedding
- Pay movies
- iPod docking station
Multilingual staff are available 24 hours a day to offer sightseeing tips, and there are complimentary newspapers available in the lobby.
- Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Rooftop terrace
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Computer station
- Food and water bowls
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 69
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 743
- Snack bar/deli
- Designated smoking areas
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Laundry facilities
- Accessible bathroom
- Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- In-room accessibility
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Year Built - 1890
- Total number of rooms - 78
- Number of floors - 7
Dining24-hour room service is available.
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Via Veneto - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Pincio - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Villa Borghese - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Piazza Barberini - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Via XX Settembre - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Via del Tritone - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Sistina Theater - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Borghese Gallery - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Via Nomentana - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Spanish Steps - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Piazza della Repubblica - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Via Condotti - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Via Nazionale - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Piazza di Spagna - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Via del Babuino - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
The nearest airports are:
Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl. Airport (FCO) - 32.3 km / 20.1 mi
Ciampino Airport (CIA) - 27.6 km / 17.1 mi
The preferred airport for Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese is Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl. Airport (FCO).
- Bicycle rentals
- Scooter/Moped Rentals