HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
True to the spirit of Aman, the safety and wellbeing of our communities has always been a priority. As Aman
Venice prepares to safely reopen its doors on 18 June in the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the hotel
is sensitive in doing so, following the various compliance and government mandates, and keeping the
expectations and comfort of guests and staff at the forefront of everything they do.
As we continue to deliver the professional, personalised, genuine and compassionate service at Aman Venice,
we are aware that we need to continually evaluate, update, and where necessary innovate, our current
standards of excellence. We have always prided ourselves on offering guests a generosity of space in our
secluded desert location amidst abundant nature and fresh air. In addition to the guidelines laid out below the
hotel will be further reducing its already low room count, as well as creating new private dining experiences as
guests get used to being back in the company of others. This series of protocols and plans will constantly evolve
and be updated as the situation changes. We hope the following instils comfort and confidence that wellbeing
of Aman Venice guests and staff is of primary focus.
Putting distance between people is the principle strategy for reducing COVID-19 infection rates, as well as
thorough and ongoing cleaning and sanitization. The below details some changes and procedures that guests
can expect during their stay:
• All drivers will collect guests from the airport wearing the mask provided by Aman Venice.
• All boats will be fully sanitized following vehicle usage
• Masks, gloves and hand sanitizer to be provided on arrival at the hotel
• Temperature checks will be made available using a disposable forehead thermometer
• On arrival, we will disinfect the external part of guests’ luggage, should they agree to it
• All of the paper collateral will be removed from the rooms
• Welcome amenities will be delivered to rooms once guests have checked in, not before
Housekeeping (Public Areas)
• Sanitizer gel or liquid is available in all public areas and re-filled throughout the day
• The thorough cleaning of public areas will also focus on disinfecting door handles, lighting switches
and all other high use areas
• Public bathrooms and common spaces will be sanitized on an hourly basis
• All occupied rooms are sanitized daily with focus on specific touch points within the full room
perimeter. To avoid cross contamination, cleaning equipment (sponges, cloths and similar) are
• Rooms are refreshed with fresh air by opening windows and doors during servicing
• Enhanced disinfecting of guest suites and replacement of all amenities upon departure
On arrival, guests will be advised that they can opt to have room linen changed daily, once every two days or only on request. The same applies to the turn down service, with guests opting to have turn down service, or not. We fully understand that some guests may want less interaction and activity within their room.
Food & Beverage and Dining
• We are focusing in offering dining experiences mainly al fresco, on our Canal Garden as well as, of course, via private dining, with menus focusing on wellness options and local produce. Incorporate immune booster beverages in non-alcoholic beverage lists
• The thorough cleaning and sanitizing of all tableware, place mats, salt and pepper shakers will take place after each use
• One-use (recycled) paper menus and/or QR coded menus to be used in restaurant and for in-room dining
• We will reduce the number of non-residents dining
• Staff have been trained to have minimal contact and communication during service and will wear masks when serving guests
• Tables will be placed 1mt apart
• Tables set and utensils to be provided once guests have been seated
• In room dining will serve all food and drinks covered and staff will wear proper PPE, i.e. mask and gloves upon delivery
Spa & Wellness
• Additional hygiene equipment (sanitizer wipes) will be placed next to fitness equipment, with the addition of staff cleaning it after each use
• The exercise room will be available upon request and booked exclusively
• Employees will wear face mask/face shield and guests are required to wear face masks
• Each treatment room will be stocked with PPE for both guests and employee use. Each room will also have enough sanitizer and wipes/cleaning supplies to ensure the room is cleaned thoroughly between each use.
• There will be a minimum of 30-minute turnover time between sessions to allow thorough cleaning of each treatment room
• Facials will be performed only upon specific request of the guest but won’t be actively promoted
• All guests to have their temperature checked prior to treatment
• All private activities are limited to 10 individuals, including driver and/or guide, where applicable
• Travel in vehicles is limited to those of the same household
The hotel is set in the regal Palazzo Papadopoli of the Grand Canal. This is located in the heart of the city. Moments of beauty are everywhere, from St Mark’s Basilica to chance encounters with a door embellishment or fresco.
Aman Venice offers the rare privilege of space in the center of the Floating City. High ceilings and spacious light-filled Salons are joined by two mature outdoor private gardens – a rarity in the city.
What to expect:
Guests can enjoy an exclusive after-hours visit to the Gothic Palazzo Ducale, once home to the Doge. Or visit the UNESCO World Heritage city’s key annual events that includes the Biennale Film Festival and Carnival.
- Cable/satellite TV
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - wireless
- Sofa bed
Aman Venice is home to museum-quality treasures that includes Tiepolo frescoes, gilded ceilings and centuries-old leather wall coverings. Each period pieces and original architectural details is a unique and plays an important design in Palazzo’s romantic heritage.
- Fitness equipment
- Full-service health spa
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Room service (24 hours)
PoliciesRates include one round transfer to the Palazzo by boat from the airport, railway station or Piazzale Roma.
Rates are published as room only per room per night basis and are subject to 10% Vat & Tourist Tax of € 5.00 per person per day for up to 5 days. Children below 10 years of age are exempt from the Tourist Tax.
Rates, government and local taxes are subject to change without notice.
DiningMany ingredients come from the region’s farms, while the bread, pasta and ice cream are all made fresh in the hotel’s kitchen. Small antipasto plates are served under the flowering pergola accompanied by a traditional spritz of prosecco, Aperol, seltzer and an orange slice.
RecreationGuests can enjoy an exclusive after-hours visit to the Gothic Palazzo Ducale, once home to the Doge. Or visit the UNESCO World Heritage city’s key annual events including the Biennale, Film Festival and Carnival.