InterContinental Presidente Mexico City
Campos Eliseos 218, Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
We have implemented a program developed in partnership with experts from Ecolab, the global leader in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services, in a consistent manner to provide a safe and clean stay at each of Grupo Presidente Hotels. Deep cleaning with hospital grade disinfectants is included in guest rooms and public spaces. Ecolab continues to work with us to improve and develop the program already created, taking into consideration the new expectations of our guests and clients.
Cleaning and Hygiene Equipment for Disinfection
Disinfection consists in killing microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, fungi) on the surfaces. This is accomplished through the use of EPA approved chemicals that kill microorganisms and prevent them from spreading.
All of our cleaning and disinfection products comply with the specifications of the CDC (The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the EPA (The United States Environmental Protection Agency).
Among the products we are using, the most frequent are:
• Oasis Pro 14
It is an EPA authorized cleaner and disinfectant that removes viruses, bacteria and fungi.
• OP 72
It is a cleaner and disinfectant for marble that eliminates viruses, bacteria and fungi authorized by the EPA.
It is an EPA authorized cleaner for disinfecting equipment and utensils that have contact with food.
• It is mandatory to maintain a social distance of 1.8 meters (6 feet) between person and person. Signs have been placed in the main areas of the Hotel and where it is customary to queue, to respect this distance.
• Wash your hands at least every 60 minutes or as needed after blowing your nose, coughing, scratching, going to the bathroom, handling money or food, touching knobs, doors, or equipment.
• Wear a mask at all times, just like the associates are doing.
• Avoid putting your hands on your face and touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow or with a tissue; throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands.
• Avoid close contact, handshakes, kissing and hugging.
• Disinfect cell phones with a disinfecting towel at least every 60 minutes or whenever necessary.
• Use the hand sanitizer and shoe sole disinfecting stations distributed throughout the Hotel.
• Any questions about safety and hygiene, dial 0 from any Hotel phone and the team of operators will be happy to help you.
• We also put at your convenience the local emergency numbers that provides help and guidance in case of doubts: 911 (Emergencies), 800 00 44 800 (Covid19 Emergency) and 5658 1111 (Locatel CDMX).
• The Hotels have trained associates who monitor the obedience of the above mentioned measures at all times. In case of detecting that they are not being followed, the necessary measures will be taken.
I. Action Plan in case of suspected infection
The Hotel has a team prepared with the procedures to act in case of suspicion or confirmation of any case of infection among our guests or associates and has an isolated space to allocate the suspicious case of infection while waiting for the local health authorities.
Safety and Hygiene Protocols by Department
I. Concierge, Bellboy and Valet Parking The Bellboy team:
• Cleans and disinfects luggage before handling it and taking it inside the Hotel. They also clean the luggage transportation carts.
• Is prohibited from entering the guest’s room to leave their luggage; the luggage will be left outside the door and the guest is notified.
The Concierge team:
• Promotes activities to guests who wish to go outside the Hotel, through QR codes, for the guest to review the information on their cell phones.
• If the Hotel has bicycles for guests, they are disinfected before and after each use.
The Valet Parking team:
• Disinfects the contact points of the guest or client vehicle before entering it and before returning to it. They also turn off air circulation (air conditioning).
The front desk associates:
• Take the temperature of each guest while doing the check-in.
• Make sure that hand sanitizer is always available at the reception desk and asks the guest to use it before and after check-in.
Printed collateral is reduced, by opting for digital measures, when possible. The delivery of refreshing towels is canceled upon arrival at the beach Hotels.
II. Public Areas
The public area team cleans and disinfects every 2 hours, or whenever necessary, the areas that are in frequent contact such as:
• Door handles, switches, stair railings, railings, telephones and elevator buttons.
• Service desks, service bars, tables, chairs, armchairs and benches.
The guestroom has to be empty 48 hours before the housekeeping team can access to do the cleaning and disinfection.
The housekeeping team cleans and disinfects all frequent contact points:
• Table, desk, telephones, door handles, peephole, drawer handles, minibar doors, switches, railings, safety box, TV control, among others.
• Changes all the bedding, including decorative clothing, pillow protectors and mattress protectors.
• Disinfects all ventilation and air conditioning vents.
The room cleaning service during the stay is reduced as much as possible. If the guest requires cleaning, it is done following safety and hygiene measures and taking all necessary precautions.
IV. Room Service
The menus can be accessed on the cell phone through a QR code located on the desk in each room.
Room service is delivered as follows:
• Outside the door to avoid contact with the guest.
• In disposable bags and packaging to reduce the use of trays, service carts, and table linens.
V. Club Lounge
Guests must always wear a mask, use hand sanitizer and the shoe sole disinfecting stations before entering the Club Lounge.
The maximum capacity is reduced respecting the social distance of 1.8 meters (6 feet).
A la Carte service of food and beverage is promoted, in order to ensure safe quality and hygiene. If a buffet service is offered, Club Lounge staff, following all the safety and hygiene recommendations, attend to it.
The use of disinfecting towels is promoted so that each guest can clean the computer equipment before and after each use.
The public areas cleaning team carries out cleaning and disinfection of all furniture at least every 2 hours.
VI. Gym and Pool
Guests must always wear a mask, use hand sanitizer and the shoe sole disinfecting stations before entering the gym.
Once inside, the following measures are taken:
• The gym equipment respects the social distance of 1.8 meters.
• The use of disinfecting towels is promoted so that each guest can clean the equipment before and after using it.
In the gym, all equipment and mats are cleaned and disinfected, at least every 2 hours by the public areas cleaning team.
In the pools guests are asked before entering to use the hand sanitizer and the shoe sole disinfecting stations.
In the pool area:
• The chairs and cabins are placed 1.8 meters apart to guarantee social distancing measures.
• Through signage, guests will be reminded to maintain social distancing protocols.
• The maintenance team reinforces the application and the correct levels of chlorine in swimming pools.
The public areas cleaning team carry out cleaning and disinfection of all chairs, cushions, cabins, bars, tables and handrails at least every 2 hours.
VII. Banquets & Meeting Space
Hand sanitizer stations and shoe sole disinfecting stations are placed at the entrance of the meeting space area.
Meeting room capacities have been reviewed and adjusted to meet social distancing requirements.
Coffee break stations and buffets are replaced by individual waiter service. If a buffet service is offered, banquet staff, following all the safety and hygiene recommendations, attend to it.
Before starting a meeting and after having set up the room, the public areas cleaning team performs a cleaning and disinfection of all the furniture and equipment inside the room.
VIII. Restaurants & Bars
Each client or guest can access the menu on their cell phones through a QR code, located at the entrance of each restaurant. Everyone has to use hand sanitizer and shoe sole disinfecting stations before entering.
The maximum capacity within restaurants is reduced respecting the social distance of 2 meters (6,5 feet) between table and table.
All guests and clients are encouraged and invited to make reservations to guarantee and control seats in the restaurants.
All restaurant buffets are eliminated as far as possible and A la Carte service is promoted. If a buffet service is offered, restaurant staff, following all the safety and hygiene recommendations, attend to it.
After each service, the restaurant staff cleans and disinfects the table and chairs, so that they can be used again.
At the end of service hours, the public areas cleaning team carries out cleaning and disinfection throughout the restaurant.
IX. Merchandise Reception
All vendors have to use hand sanitizer and shoe sole disinfecting stations placed at the entrance and will only gain access wearing masks.
An area is established within the merchandise reception area, for cleaning and disinfection of all products received at the Hotel, before being taken inside the storage areas.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Smoking and Non-Smoking
- Towels provided
- Private bathroom
- Room and bed type depend on availability check-in
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Flat-panel TV
- Premium TV channels
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Bed sheets not available
- Premium bedding
- Shower only
- Pay movies
- Bed sheets available - no
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 6
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Snack bar/deli
- Banquet hall
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Wedding services
- In-room accessibility
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 700
- Number of floors - 42
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Avenida Presidente Masaryk - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Chapultepec Park - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Campo Deportivo Militar Marte - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Auditorio Nacional - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Museo Nacional de Antropologia - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Parque Zoologico de Chapultepec - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Museo de Arte Moderno - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
La Feria de Chapultepec - 2 km / 1.3 mi
Castillo de Chapultepec - 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
Monumento a los Ninos Heroes - 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
Antara Polanco - 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
Museo Soumaya - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Papalote Museo del Nino - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
Plaza Carso Shopping Center - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
Plaza Polanco - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
The nearest airports are:
Mexico City Intl. Airport (MEX) - 17.1 km / 10.6 mi
Toluca, Estado de Mexico (TLC-Toluca Intl.) - 55 km / 34.1 mi
The preferred airport for InterContinental Presidente Mexico City is Mexico City Intl. Airport (MEX).