Thompson Zihuatanejo, a Beach Resort
Playa La Ropa S/N, P.O. BOX 84 , Zihuatanejo, GRO, Mexico
Guests are invited to attend a daily cooking school hosted by a local chef. The tour visits a typical market and then continues to the chef's private home in the hills above town, where guests watch, learn, and participate as the meal is prepared. Reservations accepted the night before (surcharge).
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Individually furnished
- Turndown service
- Free bottled water
- Ceiling fan
- Linens provided
- Hair dryer
- Plasma TV
- In-room safe
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Satellite TV service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Premium TV channels
- Free WiFi
- Partially open bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Laptop-friendly workspace
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Shower only
- Pay movies
- iPod docking station
- Pet-friendly room
Villa del Sol Resort - Zihuatanejo is a paradise for couples and families alike. The enchanting two-story adobe-inspired casitas, housing 46 luxurious suites and guestrooms, are at the foot of gentle hills adjacent the picturesque fishing village of Zihuatanejo. The garden landscape is rich with coconut trees, colorful bougainvillea and vibrant hibiscus. The resort’s exquisite white-sand beach stretches for 600 feet along a gorgeous sweep of coastline. Relaxing on day beds and lounge chairs under thatched palapas, guests are pampered on the sand by Beach Butlers.
Two gourmet restaurants – La Villa, featuring Pacific-Mexican cuisine prepared with the freshest locally caught seafood, and La Marea, serving Mediterranean and Mexican fare – are complemented by the friendly sanctuary of the Coral Bar offering ceviche tastings and the mixologists’ special concoctions.
Guests enjoy massage and spa treatments at an intimate spa in a lush tropical setting, fitness center, Yoga Program and an array of activities from water sports to cooking classes.
The Villa del Sol Resort - Zihuatanejo has three swimming pools, with a swim-up bar and cushioned lounge chairs. Meandering pathways allow guests to wander extensive tropical gardens of coconut palms, bamboo, bougainvillea, and hibiscus. The hotel also has a gift shop, movie library (surcharge), and art gallery. DVD players are available at the reception desk for guest use.
Ground transportation: Shuttle vans or private cars of varying prices are available. They can be selected during the process of booking a reservation for this hotel, via this Web site, and added to the total trip cost.
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Swim-up bar
- Business center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free self parking
- Beach sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Free valet parking
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Children's pool
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Snack bar/deli
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 2
- Laundry facilities
- Beach towels
- One meeting room
- Wedding services
- In-room accessibility
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Tennis on site
- Multilingual staff
- Year Built - 2011
- Total number of rooms - 56
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
PoliciesKnow Before You Go
- This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays.
- Social distancing measures are in place and guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 28 for adults and USD 28 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 116 per vehicle (one-way)
- Pet fee: USD 40 per pet, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Service fee: 15 percent
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Zihuatanejo Bay - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
La Ropa Beach - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Virgin of the Tree - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
La Madera Beach - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Las Gatas Beach - 2 km / 1.2 mi
King's Reef - 2 km / 1.2 mi
Kioto Plaza - 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
Fisherman's Walk - 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
Principal Beach - 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
Municipal Market - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
Archaeological Museum of the Great Coast - 3 km / 1.8 mi
Playa Contramar - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Contramar Beach - 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
Vista Hermosa Beach - 9.9 km / 6.2 mi
Ixtapa Golf Course - 10.2 km / 6.4 mi
The preferred airport for Thompson Zihuatanejo, a Beach Resort is Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Intl. Airport (ZIH) - 14 km / 8.7 mi
- Golf - driving range
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Jet skiing
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Water skiing
- Yoga classes/instruction