Monte Carlo, Monaco
on the London Review of Books website The story of Hell'e Nice, the Bugatti queen, one of Grand Pri...
Dine in fine restaurants, admire extravagant yachts and sports cars, or duck into the famous Monte Carlo Casino for a high-stakes game of blackjack.
Monaco has long been a destination for the rich and famous and today offers visitors glamorous nightlife as well as beautiful old buildings and palaces.
Monaco is an independent principality on the Mediterranean, completely surrounded by France. It is a mere 500 acres (202 hectares) but is home to over 35,000 people, making it among the most densely-populated countries on Earth. It is ruled as a constitutional monarchy and maintains its own government and constitution. The country is best known for the many rich and famous celebrities drawn to Monaco's attractive tax laws and as a glamorous gambling hot-spot. Although home to some of the world's wealthiest jet-setters, there are still surprisingly affordable vacation options to experience the exciting Monaco lifestyle.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in the Monaco we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- The Euro is the official currency of the European union and its member countries. Other European Currencies include the Swiss Franc and the British pound. Exchange rates vary by currency and economic seasonality.
- Monaco is GMT + 1
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- A passport is required when traveling outside of your country. If any passenger carries anything other than a Passport supplied by your home country, please contact the Consulate of the country(s) you are visiting to verify document requirements. If you do not have appropriate documentation, you will be denied entry. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your return trip for international travel.