on researchgate.net This scholarly work provides a comprehensive overview of the glacial history of...
on thelocal.ch This list, which includes photos and videos, celebrates everything from urban swimmi...
on swissinfo.ch The Protestant Reformation (a movement in 16th-century Christianity in Europe that ...
Visit a European country known for its alpine scenery, vast freshwater lakes, picturesque cities, chocolate and cheeses. Experience the cultures and traditions of different language communities. Switzerland is a small European country of great natural beauty, where big cities are close to mountains, lakes, forests, rivers and plenty of fresh air. Ski down alpine slopes, cruise inland lakes and venture underground to learn about the origin of the universe.
The Swiss love to explore their own country and SwitzerlandMobility is a national network of hiking, cycling, mountain biking and canoe routes covsering approximately 12,500 miles (20,117 kilometers). Routes are marked by signposts and color coded according to the pursuit. The trails are connected to Switzerland’s dense public transportation system, making them easily accessible from wherever you are in the country. There are also more than 80 Rent a Bike stations, where pedal and electric bikes can be rented.
For an alternative way to enjoy the scenery, climb onboard the Glacier Express. The train ride travels through the mountains, valleys and deep gorges between Zermatt and Davos or St. Moritz. Book a cruise across a Swiss lake, such as Lake Geneva or Lake Zurich. At Lake Lucerne, enjoy a sunset cruise on a paddle steamer.
Devote some of your vacation time to discovering Swiss cities. Shop in the medieval arcades of Bern, the country’s capital. Follow the history of the Olympic movement at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne. See the twin-towered Grossmünster cathedral in Zurich, the country's largest city. In Geneva, find the huge Jet d'Eau water fountain and CERN, the particle physics laboratory. Tour the underground facility to discover how international teams of scientists are trying to unlock the mysteries of the universe.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in Switzerland we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- The Swiss Franc is the official currency of Switzerland.
- The Euro is the official currency of the European union and its member countries. Other European Currencies include the Norwegian Krone and the British pound. Exchange rates vary by currency and economic seasonality.,/li>
- Restaurants: Round up
- Porters: $1
- Taxi's: Round Up
- Switzerland is GMT + 2 hours
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- A passport is required when traveling outside of your country. If any passenger carries anything other than a Passport supplied by your home country, please contact the Consulate of the country(s) you are visiting to verify document requirements. If you do not have appropriate documentation, you will be denied entry. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your return trip for international travel.