San Diego, California
Here's a peek into the life of the man behind many of the Village's historic buildings, San Diego's...
on sandiegohistory.org This scholarly article provides a perspective into the transformational even...
on sandiegohistory.org The history of the city's most famous cultural institution, home to 3,700 an...
San Diego charms with something for everyone: Spanish mission-style architecture, entertaining sea life and surfer-perfect beaches.
San Diego has a year-round mild climate with plenty of sunshine. Besides the largest U.S. naval base on the West Coast, the city offers more than 50 top tourist attractions. Much of what makes the area special comes courtesy of Mother Nature. Oceanfront locations like Mission Beach and Pacific Beach are perfect places to enjoy sand, surf and beautiful views.
San Diego boasts a wide variety of activities for families. Visit SeaWorld®, where the kids can enjoy marine-life encounters, entertaining shows and rides. Balboa Park, featuring the San Diego Zoo, is another family favorite. Don’t miss the giant panda exhibit as this is one of the few places outside of China you can see these animals. Delight in a puppet show at the Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theater or get on board the miniature railway, which tours a half-mile (805 meters) of Balboa Park.
San Diego's association with the Pacific Ocean extends to its fascinating naval history. Step aboard the Aircraft Carrier Museum on the USS Midway, a 972-foot (296-meter) aircraft carrier that once transported a naval crew of more than 4,000 men. In addition to housing one of the largest navy fleets in the USA, San Diego also has a rich aviation heritage. Balboa Park is home to the San Diego Air & Space Museum, one of the country's premier flight museums.
The best time to book a cruise is during Wave Season : (January–March) is when you'll score the year's top deals, including free perks (like upgrades & onboard credits) and discounted fares.
Mainland flight times
- 1.5 hours from San Francisco (SFO)
- 5.5 hours from New York (JFK)
- 3 hours from Dallas Fortworth (DFW)
We offer a variety of transportation options in San Diego, California in order to make your cruise vacation truly spectacular.
While traveling in San Diego we recommend :
- Reserving Private or Shared transfers at the time of booking.
- The US dollar is the currency, as it is throughout the United States.
- ATMs are found everywhere in San Diego.
- Credit cards are accepted at most places, making it unnecessary to carry large amounts of cash.
- Restaurants: The usual is 10 - 15%
- Porters: $2-$10
- Taxi's: 10% - 20% of the fare
- San Diego follows Pacific Standard Time or Pacific Daylight Time and observes Daylight Saving Time.
- Clocks are turned 1 hour forward (March - November), and 1 hour backward (November - March of the following year.)