HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
As a part of the guidelines, international travelers arriving to the Turks and Caicos Islands must be certified by TCI Assured, a quality assurance portal which will be available on the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board website. The certification sticker will be provided only after visitors have provided proof of negative COVID-19 PCR test results from a reputable facility at least 72 hours prior to their arrival to the destination, proof of medical insurance, and a completed health questionnaire. A 14-day quarantine period will not be required for visitors once they have tested negative for the virus.
Additionally, operational protocols for the government, airport, hotel, and restaurant partners, among other private and public services, will be in place to keep the local population and guests safe. New measures include health screenings, physical distancing, mandatory use of face coverings in public, recommended use of face coverings on the beach, and social gatherings limited to 25 people or less.
We realize many of your teams and guests are inquiring about protocols for travel to the Turks and Caicos Islands. You can share that upon arrival to the airport, visitors can expect to present their TCI Assured certifications to local authorities, all of whom will be wearing personal protective equipment, before proceeding through immigration where temperature checks will also take place.
Hotel and restaurant employees, as you know, will be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing. At the beaches and pools, umbrellas and chairs must be at least six feet apart to allow for physical distancing. Restaurants must reduce seating capacity to 70 percent, eliminate self-service buffets, and make hand sanitizer available at the entrances.
A message from Amanyara on their Health & Safety protocols:
AMANYARA AND YOUR WELLBEING
True to the spirit of Aman, the safety and wellbeing of our communities has always been a priority. On the re-opening and in the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we were sensitive in doing so, following the various compliance and government mandates, and keeping the expectations and comfort of guests and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
As Amanyara continues to deliver the professional, personalized, genuine and compassionate service we are aware the need to continually evaluate, update, and where necessary innovate, our current standards of excellence. We have always prided ourselves on offering guests the generosity of space here within our 18-acre nature reserve, featuring our pristine 1km private beach lapped by crystal clear Caribbean waters rich with marine life, abundant nature and fresh air.
In addition to the guidelines laid out below we will re-open with a lower room count. Amanyara’ s series of new protocols and plans will constantly evolve and be updated as the situation changes. We hope the following instils comfort and confidence that wellbeing of our guests and staff is of primary focus.
Putting distance between people is the principle strategy for reducing COVID-19 infection rates, as well as thorough and ongoing cleaning and sanitization. The below details some changes and procedures that guests can expect during their stay:
• Drivers collect guests from the airport wearing the mask and gloves provided by Amanyara
• Masks offered to guests along with hand sanitizer and water bottle. Cars are also equipped with sanitizing lotion
• We recommend and offer a guest wellness check on arrival to include temperature checks using noncontact thermometers on arrival
• On arrival, we disinfect the external part of guests’ their luggage, should they agree to it
• Welcome amenities are delivered to rooms once guests have checked in, not before
• When possible, rooms are not allocated back to back – allowing up to 24 hours between arrivals. The capacity of the hotel has also been reduced to minimize the density of guests and staff alike
Housekeeping (Public Areas)
• Sanitizer gel or liquid is available in all public areas and re-filled throughout the day
• The thorough cleaning of public areas with a focus on disinfecting door handles, light switches and all other high use areas
• All occupied rooms are sanitized daily with focus on specific touch points within the full room perimeter
• To avoid cross contamination, cleaning equipment (sponges, cloths and similar) are changed with every room
• Rooms are refreshed with fresh air by opening windows and doors during servicing
• On arrival, guests are advised that they can opt to have room linen changed, daily, once every two days or only on request. The same applies to the turn down service, with guests opting to have turn down service, or not. We fully understand that some guests may want less interaction and activity within their room.
Food & Beverage and Dining
• We offer options for different, more private, dining experiences, with menu’s focusing on wellness options
• Immune booster beverages have been incorporated into non-alcoholic beverage lists
• The thorough cleaning and sanitizing of all tableware, menus, place mats, salt and pepper shakers take place after each use
• If guests prefer, a one-use (recycled) paper menu is available
• Staff are trained to have minimal contact and communication during service and wear masks when serving guests
• Tables are limited to groups of 10, preferably members of the same household
• Tables are placed more than 6ft apart
• Utensils are placed on table once the guest is seated
• In room dining is served with all food and drinks covered and staff wear proper PPE, i.e. mask and gloves, upon delivery
Spa & Wellness
• Additional hygiene equipment (sanitizer wipes) are placed next to fitness equipment, with the addition of staff cleaning it after each use
• The gym (by reservation only) is strictly limited to no more than six guests
• Employees wear face mask/gloves and guests are required to wear face masks
• Each facility of the Amanyara Spa is limited to one guest/couple at a time with a 30-minute limit if other guests are waiting to use it
• Each treatment room is stocked with (PPE) for both guests and employee use. Each room has enough sanitizer and wipes/cleaning supplies to ensure the room is cleaned thoroughly between each use
• There is a minimum of 45-minute turnover time between spa rooms and sessions to allow thorough cleaning of each treatment room
• The spa lobby is equipped with a sanitizing amenity to include gloves, masks and sanitizer
• Facials are not offered as part of our spa menu unless requested by the guest
• All private transportation is limited to 5 individuals, including driver, where applicable
• All hotel activities will be offered according to sanitation requirements and social distancing guidelines
• Gatherings in small, confined spaces are limited to a maximum of 5 and a maximum of 10 for social gatherings in larger areas
Guests can spend the day lounging at the infinity pool surrounded by a timber sundeck and lounge pavilions. Or for the adventurous, water sport equipment is available at the Beach Club including sailboats, boogie boards, snorkeling gear and kayaks. The Dive Center at Amanyara offers introductory to advanced scuba diving lessons.Insider tip:Turks and Caicos is home to the world's third-largest coral reef and is cited by dive experts, including the late Jacques Cousteau, as offering some of the world's best diving. A warm climate ensures a rich and diverse range of marine life ideal for exploring. Guests can snorkel right off the resort's white-sand beach or rent a boat to visit famed offshore dive sites.
What to expect:
Guests enter the resort through an airy reception pavilion that opens to a grand reflecting pool. Guestrooms are stand-alone pavilions situated along a network of tranquil ponds or facing the white-sand beach. Indoor and outdoor spaces merge creating a serene atmosphere. Honeymooners and elite travelers frequent this resort for its seclusion and reputation for impeccable service.
- Bottled water in room (complimentary)
- Cable/satellite TV
- CD player
- Ceiling fan
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Designer toiletries
- DVD player
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - high speed
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Makeup mirror
- Massage - available in room
- Microwave (on request)
- Multi-line phone
- Sewing kit
- Sofa bed
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Welcome amenities
Located on the secluded western shore of Providenciales adjacent to Malcolm's Beach, Amanyara is boarded by the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park. The infinity pool and sundeck offers sweeping ocean views. Guests can relax in one of three lounge pavilions or on the sun loungers positioned along the timber deck.The Restaurant serves Asian and Mediterranean cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood. Guests can dine in an open-air area, on the outdoor terrace or in an air-conditioned area. The Beach Club serves grilled dishes, sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, juices and shakes beachside throughout the day. The Beach Club also provides guests with non-motorized water sport equipment including sailboats, boogie boards, snorkeling gear and kayaks.In-room spa and beauty treatments are available. The resort's fitness center offers a variety of cardio machines and free weights.
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
PoliciesExtra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
RecreationA variety of non-motorized water sport equipment is available at the Beach Club including sailboats, boogie boards, snorkeling gear and kayaks. Some of the world's most acclaimed reefs are 590 feet offshore. The Dive Center at Amanyara offers introductory to advanced scuba diving lessons. The resort also offers an outdoor infinity pool, fitness center and two flood-lit clay tennis courts. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the Amanyara; fees may apply.
- Motor boating
- Scuba diving
- Yoga classes/instruction