Castello di Casole, A Belmond Hotel, Tuscany
Localita Querceto, Casole d'Elsa, SI, Italy
The hotel offers a variety of cultural activities for children including language lessons, pottery classes, art classes, and pizza making classes.
Destination Entry Requirements
Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No
– U.S. citizens may exit or depart Italy to return to the United States at any time.
– Current travel restrictions on entry into Italy are linked to several factors, including one’s country of departure and purpose of travel.
– Non-essential travel (i.e., tourism) to Italy from most non-EU countries (including the United States) is prohibited. Essential travel is allowed and includes students, businesspersons, EU residents, and relatives of Italian citizens.
– The Government of Italy periodically updates these restrictions based upon changing conditions, and all travelers should refer to current Italian health decrees when making travel plans.
– English-language guidance on current entry and exit requirements is maintained on the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website.
– All persons traveling to Italy from any foreign location are required to provide their airline or Italian law enforcement officials with a self-declaration form prior to travel.
Is a curfew in place? Yes
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021, the Italian government approved a decree extending the Covid-19 state of emergency until 30 April, 2021, and providing guidance for the period from January 16, 2021 through March 5, 2021. A country-wide curfew will remain in effect during this period from 10:00pm to 5:00am.
Travelers can visit this website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for additional information on Italian government decrees and measures.
During this time, it is also important to remain aware of restrictions in place within your region.
The Italian government has determined that all persons traveling to Italy from any foreign location are required to provide their airline or Italian law enforcement officials upon entry into Italy with a Self-Declaration Form prior to travel. Currently, U.S originating flights are not permitted entry. This applies to only essential travel and countries with no restrictions to entry.
Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
Travelers departing on COVID-tested international flights between the United States and Italy are not currently subject to quarantine upon arrival in Italy. Please check with your private carriers with respect to availability. All travelers otherwise arriving in Italy from abroad must self-isolate for 14 days unless they are traveling from an exempted country or for a purpose that falls under current exceptions. A list of these countries and exceptional purposes for travel can be found on the following website: https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html
Please check the Italian regulations carefully before attempting to travel.
The form can be found here: https://www.esteri.it/mae/resource/doc/2020/07/modulo_rientro_da_estero_08_07_2020_-_eng_0.pdf
Information can also be found on the US Embassy in Italy Website: https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Classic Vacations wants you to have a safe and truly wonderful vacation, so we recommend that you fully educate yourself on the destination and hotel specific changes that have been made in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and plan accordingly before you depart on your vacation.
Closed or Reduced hours of operation may be in place for businesses. Restrictions may be in place on intercity or interstate travel. Further local restrictions may apply. Please check the destinations’ official governmental health ministry website prior to travel for the most up to date information. https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
COVID-19 TEST MAY BE REQUIRED TO ENTER YOUR DESTINATION. If you want to adjust your travel plans, please call the Classic Vacations Reservation Call Center, the number is 800-221-3949 or your dedicated Classic Preferred number. Failure to have the proper COVID-19 documentation may affect entry into your destination. It is the Traveler’s responsibility to have all the necessary documents, tests, and vaccinations completed prior to departure. Improper required travel documentation is not covered by any Trip Protection Plans. Please continue to monitor all state or local health advisories from your city or state of origin prior to travel. In addition to international entry COVID-19 travel protocols, COVID-19 travel restrictions and protocols may be in place upon return to the United States. Please continue to monitor all COVID-19 Travel information at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html.
Since destination entry requirements vary widely and change frequently, at least 5 business days prior to departure, we recommend that all Travelers:
• Check your destination’s official governmental health ministry website for the latest entry, testing and in-destination self-isolation requirements and complete all pre-travel items and preparation; e.g. https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
• Check Classic Vacation’s hotel resource and health & safety website for the latest open status, on-site health & safety requirements and service adjustments that have been provided by each property.
On-site service adjustments may include, but are not limited to, food services (room service, buffets), check-in & check-out time, daily linen change, turndown service, on-site amenities (pool, spa, gym), etc.
What to expect:
Perched on a hillside overlooking vineyards and orchards of olive trees, this luxury hotel is set in an historic castle. Blending classic Tuscan charm with modern luxuries, Belmond Castello di Casole features indoor/outdoor living areas including private terraces, a central courtyard, and manicured gardens. With a tranquil ambiance and abundant activities, the resort attracts families, couples, and wine enthusiasts.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Frette Italian sheets
- Smoking and Non-Smoking
- Soundproofed rooms
- Shower/tub combination
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free bottled water
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Satellite TV service
- Premium TV channels
- Free WiFi
- Designer toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Premium bedding
- Pay movies
- iPod docking station
- No cribs (infant beds)
This Italy hotel is surrounded by vineyards and olive trees on a 4,200-acre estate. Amenities include a spa, outdoor pool (open seasonally), and a fitness center offering Pilates and yoga classes. At the concierge desk, guests can arrange cooking lessons, language classes, and private wine tours (surcharge). On-site conveniences include 24-hour room service, babysitting/childcare, and complimentary wireless Internet access. A complimentary buffet breakfast is available daily.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- Picnic area
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Free breakfast
- Business center
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Free valet parking
- Outdoor pool
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 200
- Spa services on site
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 2152
- Snack bar/deli
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 39
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
DiningA complimentary buffet breakfast is provided each morning.
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Val di Merse - 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
Archeological and Collegiate Church Museum - 9.2 km / 5.7 mi
Museo del Cristallo di Colle di Val d'Elsa - 14.4 km / 9 mi
Piazza Arnolfo di Cambio - 14.4 km / 9 mi
Art in Color - 16.4 km / 10.2 mi
The Rock of Staggia - 17 km / 10.5 mi
Ranuccio Bianchi Bandinelli Archeological Museum - 17 km / 10.5 mi
Colle di Val d'Elsa Cathedral - 19.5 km / 12.1 mi
Magione Castle - 19.6 km / 12.2 mi
Monteriggioni Castle - 19.7 km / 12.2 mi
Fountain of Fate - 19.8 km / 12.3 mi
Archeodromo di Poggibonsi - 19.9 km / 12.4 mi
San Lucchese Convent - 20 km / 12.4 mi
Poggio Imperiale Fortress - 20.1 km / 12.5 mi
Berignone Forest Nature Reserve - 20.1 km / 12.5 mi
The preferred airport for Castello di Casole, A Belmond Hotel, Tuscany is Peretola Airport (FLR) - 77.1 km / 47.9 mi
- Bicycle rentals
- Bird watching
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Pilates classes/instruction
- Yoga classes/instruction