Monarch Beach Resort
Monarch Beach Resort
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
for Disease Control (CDC), we’ve developed the StaySafe Monarch Beach Program. This rigorous new protocol
is intended to keep you safe and healthy during your visit so that you can focus on relaxing and experiencing
moments of joy. The highlights of this program are presented within this booklet and will continue to evolve
as new information and standards emerge. Monarch Beach Resort is in the process of securing third party
certification for this program.
Arrival & Check In
When you arrive at Monarch Beach Resort, you will notice a number of new protocols in place for your protection.
- You’ll be greeted with our signature Immunity Booster elixir and bottled water
- Partitions have been erected at the hotel front desk and concierge desk and physical distancing decals will help
remind guests and members to maintain 6ft distance in queues.
- You will be provided with a mask to wear if you do not have one
- You will receive a single-use printed and electronic guide to resort services & activities.
- The process is as contact-free as possible, with all surfaces sanitized and the bellman will deliver your luggage
to your guestroom for you.
SERVICE OPTIONS: You may choose to receive housekeeping services, including cleaning of your room and
evening turn-down service, or you may opt out. Housekeeping will only service your room when you are not
YOUR GUESTROOM: When you arrive at your guestroom, please rest assured that it has undergone a rigorous
cleaning and sanitization process using products approved for use against COVID-19 by the Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA). All printed materials have been removed from your room for your safety.
STAY SAFE PROGRAM
We are ready to welcome you
Cleanliness & Sanitization
The following practices ensure that Monarch Beach Resort achieves the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitization throughout our grounds.
• Hand sanitization stations are positioned throughout the resort for your use.
• Sanitization kits including gloves & hand sanitizer are available upon request.
• You will see our staff cleaning and sanitizing in all communal areas hourly, with particular attention paid to high-touch areas such as doors, elevator buttons, tabletops, restroom fixtures, etc.
• Spray products that meet EPA guidelines for COVID-19 in combination with UV treatments are being used.
• All linens and towels are laundered using high temperatures per CDC guidelines and dirty linens are transported from guestrooms in sealed bags.
• Air filters and HVAC vents are frequently cleaned.
• Doors in communal areas are kept open as much as possible to create a contact-free experience.
• All re-usable items such as pens and check presenters are sanitized after each use.
• All re-usable printed collateral has been removed from public spaces.
While our guests and members enjoy a relaxing and social experience, we have put in place some physical distancing precautions to keep us all safe.
• Partitions have been installed in some service areas, including the hotel front desk and concierge desk.
• Decals have been applied in communal areas with queues to remind all to maintain 6ft spacing.
• 33N furniture has been re-arranged to accommodate seating for families and small groups.
• Seating capacity in our restaurants has been reduced and adheres to physical distancing guidelines. Bar stools have been removed for the time being.
• Pool deck seating has been re-arranged and capacity will be controlled in this area.
• Capacities are being controlled in key areas throughout the resort, including elevators (two passengers per ride, unless it’s a family), Beach Tram, Cadillac House Car and Athletic Club (when it reopens).
• A full schedule of outdoor yoga, meditation and fitness classes, with physical distancing protocol, is included in all guest stays
Rest assured that the staff of associates serving you during your visit have your health and safety as the top priority.
• Upon re-opening the resort, all returning staff has undergone screening by a 3rd party medical group.
• All staff members have completed a thorough health and safety training and certification program.
• Associates are checked daily as they arrive to work for temperature and symptoms. Any staff with symptoms of illness or a temperature above 100.4 degrees is immediately sent home. Associates are able to take paid sick or vacation days if they are unwell.
• Associates are required to wear masks and gloves throughout the resort.
• Throughout back of house areas, physical distancing practices are in place and hand sanitizing stations are
Meetings & Events
Monarch Beach Resort is a stunning backdrop for meetings, weddings and a variety of social events. As new guidelines emerge from The State of California regarding gathering sizes and protocol, the resort team is collaborating with industry experts to update our meeting and events experiences.
• Capacity charts and room layouts for all function spaces are being re-designed to allow for physical distancing
• Buffet and self-service menu options are being replaced with attended and pre-packaged meal choices
• Individual bottles of water replace water pitchers Many other meetings and events modifications are in progress and will be published soon.
Revised May 13, 2020. As new guidelines are issued by state and local authorities, the StaySafe Monarch Beach Program will be updated as necessary.
Hotel OverviewProperty Location With a stay at Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point (Monarch Beach), you'll be within a 10-minute drive of Dana Point Harbor and The Coach House. This 5-star resort is 8 mi (12.9 km) from San Clemente Pier and 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from Doheny State Beach. Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 400 guestrooms featuring minibars and Smart televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and premium bedding. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries. Amenities Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can get some exercise with a round of golf or enjoy a lazy day at the private beach. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge). Dining Grab a bite at Bourbon Steak OC, one of the resort's 6 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Relax with a refreshing drink from the poolside bar or one of the 5 bars/lounges. Full breakfasts are available daily from 6 AM to 11 AM for a fee. Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
- Free newspaper
- Wardrobe or closet
- Coffee/tea maker
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Braille signage
- Turndown service
- Free bottled water
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Smart TV
- In-room safe
- Raised toilet seat
- Balcony or patio
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Low-height counters/sink
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Free WiFi
- Grab bar - near toilet
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Designer toiletries
- Bathroom emergency pull cord
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Laptop-friendly workspace
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium bedding
- Pay movies
- Wheelchair accessible
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Down comforter
- Pet-friendly room
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Private beach nearby
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Food and water bowls
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 8
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Golf course on site
- 24-hour health club
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 5
- Full-service spa
- Beach umbrellas
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Electric car charging station
- Coffee shop or café
- Beach sun loungers
- Steam room
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 6
- Laundry facilities
- Beach towels
- Accessible bathroom
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- Wedding services
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
- Valet for wheelchair-equipped vehicle
- Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- Multilingual staff
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Total number of rooms - 400
- Year Built - 2001
RecreationDistances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Salt Creek Beach Park - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Dana Strands Beach - 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
Harbor Point Park - 3 km / 1.8 mi
Sea Canyon Park - 3.2 km / 2 mi
Dana Cove Park - 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
Ocean Institute - 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
Thousand Steps Beach - 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
Dana Point Harbor - 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
Lantern Bay County Park - 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
Doheny State Beach - 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
Table Rock Beach - 4.8 km / 3 mi
The Coach House - 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
Aliso Beach Park - 6.4 km / 4 mi
Treasure Island Beach - 6.4 km / 4 mi
Capistrano Beach Park - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
The nearest airports are:
John Wayne Airport (SNA) - 40.4 km / 25.1 mi
Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal) - 62.1 km / 38.6 mi
The preferred airport for Monarch Beach Resort is John Wayne Airport (SNA).