Land Package Types
Gold4 - 5 Star Hotel with private transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
Silver3.5 - 4.5 Star Hotel with private or shared transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
Bronze2.5 - 4 Star Hotel with shared transfers between port, airport, and hotel, and a recommended tour.
This southern European city offers spectacular hilltop views, a fascinating history and some of the most striking architecture in the world.
Athens is where ancient Greece meets the best of the modern world. Whether you want to brush up on your knowledge of ancient history and Greek mythology, or just learn about a new culture, Athens is the perfect destination.
After a cup of strong Greek coffee, head out to explore the many archeological sites in and around the city center. Visit the Pnyx and the Areopagus, where impassioned speeches and sermons have been given over the centuries.
Stroll through the Ancient Agora and the Academy of Athens, on the site where Socrates and Plato walked in flowing togas, debating philosophy. Marvel at the remains of ancient temples dedicated to the gods of Mount Olympus and take in stellar views from atop the Acropolis and Mount Lycabettus. Visit the neoclassical trilogy, a group of three buildings located in central Athens that are considered to be exceptional examples of neoclassical architecture.
Days can get hot here in summer, but there are plenty of museums and galleries in which to keep cool during the afternoons. Visit the affluent downtown neighborhood of Kolonaki, home to high-end shops and restaurants as well as the Benaki Museum. Housed in a beautifully restored family mansion, this is a great place to get an understanding of the history and culture of Greece. The New Acropolis Museum, located in the historic area of Makrygianni, explores the art, culture and customs of the inhabitants of the area from pre-historic times.
ATHENS – Piraeus
- Piraeus is the main cruise port serving Athens. It is approximately 6 miles from the main Athens hotel area. Travel Time: Approximately 15 minutes depending on traffic.
- Athens International Airport (ATH) is approximately 21 miles outside the Athens city center. Travel time to the city is approximately 30-minutes depending on traffic.
- Distance from the Athens International Airport (ATH) to Piraeus is approximately 30 miles with a travel time of approximately 40 minutes depending on traffic.
We can arrange a variety of transportation options throughout Europe to make your Europe vacation truly spectacular. Whether you simply need transportation between the airport and hotel, or you want to charter a private yacht or jet, we offer you choice and will manage the important details.
While traveling in Greece we recommend :
- Private transfers at time of booking - All transfers include a meet-and-greet by English-speaking drivers, luggage assistance, and bottled water in modern vehicles to and from all points of entry as well as between cities.
- To enter and leave Europe, all U.S. citizens must carry a valid passport.
- It is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain the proper documents.
- The Euro is the official currency of the European union and its member countries. Other European Currencies include the Swiss Franc and the British pound. Exchange rates vary by currency and economic seasonality.
- In general a 10 to 15% tip is usually sufficient
- Porters: $1
- Taxi's: Round Up
- Greece is GMT + 3 hours
Europe spans three time zones:
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern standard Time.
- Central Standard Time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.
- Eastern European Time which is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.